Sunday, February 15, 2009

OUR POOR CAT




So two weeks ago our cat went missing. He was gone for six days. We thought for sure he was dead, because he always comes home at night and it was super cold the week he was gone. To our surprise he came home!! I was so happy I cried (hey he's part of the family). I noticed that his back leg was all messed up he would just drag it when he walked. I thought he got hit by a car or something. So the next day I took him to the vet. The Dr. said he was pretty sure that our cat was caught in a trap. Can you imagine having your leg caught in a trap for six days in -3 degree weather, with no food or water? It just broke my heart. He ended up having to get his leg cut off. He is doing a little better. I wish I could find the person who sets traps out, so I could tell them what I think of them.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

What's your cats new name, Tripod?

From Mr. C. Smith

What's grey, furry, and has only three appendages?

Give up?

Sap the Cat...hahaha:)

Kimberly said...

Sorry about my insensitive husband. He didn't believe that his leg really got aputated. He just thought he had stiches. Now he feels bad. Don't hold it against him.

Cordie said...

Oh man that sucks! Poor kitty!

Kimberly said...

Hey I was just wondering if you remember when Lee took you on that Romantic Getaway to a ski lodge and you guys went snowboarding all day. You know- the one with the romantic cabin and fireplace? What is the name of that place?? It sounded like so much fun. Lee comes up best dates for you guys. We would like to try it.
Let me know!!

simply me said...

How is the poor cat!? At least he still has his life. It could have been worse!! He will adapt. Don't worry! I am glad you have him back.